Welcome Dinner (Thu)
Full breakfast Fri, Sat & Sun
3 nights at Distinction Hotel, Dunedin
Return Air NZ economy class airfares (AKL/DUD/AKL)
(From other cities by request)
Dunedin Airport transfers
Larnach Castle Winter Ball ticket ($100 value)
Winter Ball transport, welcome drink, supper & entertainment
Quality period costume hire for the ball (Clevedon Costumes & Vintage Apparel)
Olveston House visit & guided tour
Click on a day to expand
Thu 16 July - Auckland to Dunedin (Air NZ); Welcome Dinner
Fly from Auckland on Air NZ flight 675 (12.25 pm departure) and land at Dunedin by 2.15 pm (or similar). A local host will meet you on arrival for the transfer to your superior Dunedin CBD hotel (3-night stay). Enjoy a few hours of leisure then a special ‘welcome’ dinner this evening.
Fri 17 July - Olveston visit, leisure and evening Winter Ball
Visit historic, lavishly furnished Olveston House this morning for a guided tour. The substantial house reflects the life, wealth and interests of the Theomin family – early 20th century philanthropists and merchants. Your afternoon is free for shopping, leisure or perhaps a walk to the Octagon.
Enjoy dressing up later for the big, highlight event of Dunedin’s social calendar. Tonight will be fun! A coach will take you to the stately castle this evening where you can expect to be welcomed in yesteryear style. Soak up the atmosphere, delight in the exquisite ballroom and dance the night away with everyone dressed elegantly in Victorian period attire! A sumptuous supper will be served later and you’ll see the address of the Haggis too. Return to your hotel around midnight after a truly enchanting evening.
Sat 18 July - Dunedin – leisure and optional activities
Enjoy a well-earned lie in followed by a relaxed breakfast, then spend the rest of the day as you wish! Award-winning Toitu Otago Settlers Museum and the excellent Chinese Gardens are close by or you may wish to venture further afield with a Taieri Gorge train trip or even a visit to the Royal Albatross Colony.
Take your time relaxing with breakfast today (included) then depart from your hotel at 10.00 am to return to Dunedin Airport. Fly from Dunedin aboard Air NZ flight 670, departing at 11.10 am. Arrive into Auckland Airport by 1.00 pm to conclude your fun Dunedin weekend experience.
Terms and Conditions
1. Tour prices. All prices are per person basis, in New Zealand dollars, including GST.
2. Deposit and balance of payment. A non-refundable deposit of NZD $250 per person is required at the time of booking. Deposit payment and booking form completion confirm that the Tour Booking Terms and Conditions have been accepted. Payment balance is required no later than 5 weeks prior departure.
3. Payment Options
CHEQUE – Payable please to Pacific Trailways Ltd.
CREDIT CARD – Visa and Mastercard only
INTERNET BANKING – Pacific Trailways Ltd; BNZ account number 02-0400-0116109-001
4. Cancellation by the customer (all cancellation charges apply on a per person basis).
35 days or more prior to tour start date: loss of deposit applies. 34 – 22 days prior: cancellation fee is 50% of the tour price. 21 – 0 days prior: cancellation fee is 100% of the tour price. No refund is possible once the tour is underway and there are no refunds for unused tour components.
5. Cancellation by Pacific Trailways. This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to operate. We will fully refund all tour payments if minimum numbers fall short, this being the full extent of our responsibility.
6. Travel Insurance. Pacific Trailways strongly recommends comprehensive travel insurance at time of booking. Cancellation fees will not be waived where travel insurance could have provided cover.
7. Twin-share rooming for single tour members. Single travellers may book on a ‘twin share’ basis and we will make every effort to select appropriate same gender roommate pairings.
8. Airfares and flights. Air New Zealand flights have been reserved on a group basis and Air New Zealand group ticketing rules apply. Flight dates & times cannot be changed from those stated on the itinerary.
9. Luggage on tour – limits per passenger. One piece of checked-in luggage weighing no more than 23 kg. One cabin bag weighing no more than 7 kg.
10. Pre and post tour connecting transfers, transport and air travel. Transport and travel before and after the tour are the client’s responsibility.
11. Itinerary amendments. Pacific Trailways reserves the right to amend the itinerary if or as necessary due to weather and other operational requirements.
12. Health requirements. Payment of the deposit is a warranty by the client that any persons covered by the booking are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake the tour and associated travel arrangements.
13. Personal expenses. Items and/or services not specified as included under the ‘Inclusions’ section are deemed to be personal or additional expenses and not included in the tour price.
14. Personal belongings and lost items. Clients are responsible for their own personal items at all times.
15. Force Majeure. Force Majeure means an event or circumstance that is beyond the reasonable control of Pacific Trailways Ltd and that could not have been reasonably prevented by Pacific Trailways Ltd. It may include, but is not limited to, war, armed conflict, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity or the possibility or threat of any such activity, natural disaster including but not limited to earthquake, volcanic eruption, cyclone, hurricane, tornado, tsunami, flooding, high or low water levels, fire, landslide, adverse weather conditions, nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental contamination, or any change of law. Pacific Trailways Ltd will not be liable to refund any part of the tour deposit or tour purchase price if we subsequently change or cancel tour arrangements in connection with a Force Majeure event. As such Force Majeure events cannot be predicted and are beyond the control of Pacific Trailways Ltd it is the client’s responsibility to purchase travel insurance to adequately cover against these risks.
16. Governing Law. Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.