• Return Air NZ economy class airfares (AKL/DUD/AKL) (From other NZ cities by request)
• Three nights at Distinction Hotel, Dunedin
• Larnach Castle Winter Ball ticket ($100 value)
• Winter Ball transport, welcome drink, supper & entertainment
• Quality period costume hire for the ball (Clevedon Costumes & Vintage Apparel)
• Welcome dinner (Thu) then full breakfast Fri, Sat & Sun
• Olveston House visit & guided tour
• Dunedin Host/Coordinator and airport transfers
Welcome Dinner (Thu)
Full breakfast Fri, Sat & Sun
3 nights at Distinction Hotel, Dunedin
Return Air NZ economy class airfares (AKL/DUD/AKL)
(From other cities by request)
Dunedin Airport transfers
Larnach Castle Winter Ball ticket ($100 value)
Winter Ball transport, welcome drink, supper & entertainment
Quality period costume hire for the ball (Clevedon Costumes & Vintage Apparel)
Olveston House visit & guided tour
Click on a day to expand
Thu 27 August. Auckland to Dunedin (Air NZ); Welcome Dinner
Fly from Auckland on Air NZ flight 677 (4.35 pm departure) and land at Dunedin by 6.30 pm (or similar). A local host will meet you on arrival for the transfer to your superior Dunedin CBD hotel (3-night stay). Enjoy a special ‘welcome’ dinner this evening.
Visit historic, lavishly furnished Olveston House this morning for a guided tour. The substantial house reflects the life, wealth and interests of the Theomin family – early 20th century philanthropists and merchants. Your afternoon is free for shopping, leisure or perhaps a walk to the Octagon.
Enjoy dressing up later for the big, highlight event of Dunedin’s social calendar. Tonight will be fun! A coach will take you to the stately castle this evening where you can expect to be welcomed in yesteryear style. Soak up the atmosphere, delight in the exquisite ballroom and dance the night away with everyone dressed elegantly in Victorian period attire! A sumptuous supper will be served later and you’ll see the address of the Haggis too. Return to your hotel around midnight after a truly enchanting evening.
Sat 29 August. Dunedin – leisure and optional activities
Enjoy a well-earned lie in followed by a relaxed breakfast, then spend the rest of the day as you wish. Award-winning Toitu Otago Settlers Museum and the excellent Chinese Gardens are close by or you may wish to venture further afield with a visit to the Royal Albatross Colony at Taiaroa Head. The day is yours!
Enjoy breakfast this morning (included) then depart from your hotel at 8.30 am to return to Dunedin Airport. Fly from Dunedin aboard Air NZ flight 676, departing at 10.00 am. Arrive into Auckland Airport by 11.50 am to conclude your fun Dunedin weekend experience.
Terms and Conditions
1. COVID-19. Pacific Trailways will always put the health and safety of our staff and guests first. Best practice Government authorised COVID-19 safety requirements will apply on every tour or activity.
2. Tour prices: Tour prices are in New Zealand dollars and include GST. Prices are per person, twin share basis. An additional price applies to guarantee single person room occupancy.
3. Deposit, Payment and Acceptance of Terms: A deposit of NZD$250 per person is required to confirm the booking. Payment of the deposit confirms the tour client has read and accepted the Tour Booking Terms & Conditions. Full payment can be made at any time but is required no later than 30 days prior to departure (full payment is required for bookings made less than 30 days from tour departure).
4. Deposit and Full Payment Options:
INTERNET BANKING – Pacific Trailways Ltd. BNZ Account number 02-0400-0116109-001.
CREDIT CARD – Visa and Mastercard only.
5. Cancellation Charges and Refunds for client cancellation: All cancellation charges apply ‘per person’. For cancellation 30 days or more prior to tour start date a full refund applies, less $50 administration fee. For cancellation: 29 – 21 days prior to tour start date: cancellation fee is 50% of the tour price. For cancellation: 20 – 00 days prior to tour start date: cancellation fee is 100% of the tour price. No refund can be made once the tour is underway and there are no refunds for unused tour components.
6. Cancellation by Pacific Trailways. This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to operate. We will fully refund all tour payments if minimum numbers fall short, this being the full extent of our responsibility.
7. Travel Insurance. Pacific Trailways strongly recommends comprehensive travel insurance at time of booking. Cancellation fees will not be waived where travel insurance could have provided cover.
8. Twin share rooming for single tour members. Single travellers may book on a ‘twin share’ basis and we will make every effort to select appropriate same gender roommate pairings.
9. Airfares and flights. Air New Zealand flights are reserved on a group basis and Air New Zealand group ticketing rules apply. Flight dates & times cannot be changed from those stated on the itinerary.
10. Luggage on tour – limits per passenger. One piece of checked-in luggage weighing no more than 23 kg. One cabin bag weighing no more than 7 kg.
11. Pre and post tour connecting transfers, transport and air travel. Transport and travel before and after the tour are the client’s responsibility.
12. Itinerary amendments. Pacific Trailways reserves the right to amend the itinerary if or as necessary due to weather and other operational requirements.
13. Health requirements. Payment of the deposit is a warranty by the client that any persons covered by the booking are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake the tour and associated travel arrangements.
14. Personal expenses. Items and/or services not specified as included under the ‘Inclusions’ section are deemed to be personal or additional expenses and not included in the tour price.
15. Personal belongings and lost items. Clients are responsible for their own personal items at all times.
16. Force Majeure. Force Majeure means an event or circumstance that is beyond the reasonable control of Pacific Trailways Ltd and that could not have been reasonably prevented by Pacific Trailways Ltd. It may include, but is not limited to, war, armed conflict, pandemic, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity or the possibility or threat of any such activity, natural disaster including but not limited to earthquake, volcanic eruption, cyclone, hurricane, tornado, tsunami, flooding, high or low water levels, fire, landslide, adverse weather conditions, nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental contamination, or any change of law. Pacific Trailways Ltd will not be liable to refund any part of the tour deposit or tour purchase price if we subsequently change or cancel tour arrangements in connection with a Force Majeure event. As such Force Majeure events cannot be predicted and are beyond the control of Pacific Trailways Ltd it is the client’s responsibility to purchase travel insurance to adequately cover against these risks.
17. Governing Law. Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.