• Return DC-3 flights from Auckland’s Ardmore Airport
• Whitianga Oceans Festival entry ticket
• Whitianga transfers (airport to Oceans Festival and return)
• Free parking at Ardmore Airport
Click on a day to expand
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. Covid-19: Safety. Pacific Trailways will always put the health and safety of our staff and guests first. Best practice Government authorised Covid-19 hygiene and safety practices will apply, appropriate to Covid-19 safety levels.
2. Tour price: Tour price is in New Zealand dollars and includes GST. Price is applied per person
3. Deposit, Payment and Acceptance of Terms: A deposit of NZD$50 per person is required to confirm the booking. Payment of the deposit confirms the client has read and accepted the Booking Terms & Conditions. Full payment can be made at any time but is required no later than 30 days prior to departure (full payment is required for bookings made less than 30 days from tour departure).
4. Deposit and Full Payment Options: INTERNET BANKING – Pacific Trailways Ltd. BNZ Account number 02-0400-0116109-001. CREDIT CARD – Visa and Mastercard only.
5. Minimum booking numbers required. This tour will be confirmed to operate once bookings have achieved the minimum numbers required. In the event that minimum booking numbers are not achieved, Pacific Trailways will fully refund all tour payments, this being the full extent of our responsibility. Any additional costs you may incur as a result of cancellation by Pacific Trailways will be your responsibility.
6. Client Cancellations, not related to Covid-19: All cancellation charges apply ‘per person’.
For cancellation 30 days or more prior to tour date a full refund applies, less $50 administration fee.
For cancellation: 29 – 11 days prior to tour start date: cancellation fee is 50% of the tour price.
For cancellation: 10 – 00 days prior to tour start date: cancellation fee is 100% of the tour price.
No refund can be made once the tour is underway and there are no refunds for unused tour components.
7. Client Cancellations due to Covid-19: If client cancellation is a direct result of Covid-19 and a requirement for the client to self-isolate, enter quarantine or seek medical treatment, Pacific Trailways will, at its discretion, review cancellation charges applicable to that client’s booking. Pacific Trailways will consider each case on its merit, taking into account the medical situation, personal circumstances and time remaining before departure.
8. Covid-19: Lockdown tour cancellation. If the tour departure is cancelled due to a New Zealand Government Covid-19 lockdown order, Pacific Trailways will offer two options. 1. To transfer your deposit and/or tour payment to a later departure, or 2. Receive a full refund of your deposit and tour payment balance (whichever amount/s you have paid).
9. Itinerary amendments. Pacific Trailways reserves the right to amend the itinerary if/as necessary due to weather and/or operational requirements and to substitute transport and sightseeing services if required. If weather conditions on the tour day prevent safe flying, Pacific Trailways accepts the professional decision of the aircraft captain (Pilot in Command) to determine whether or not the aircraft will fly. If a ‘no-fly’ decision is made, ground transport will be substituted with a proportionate refund.
10. Aircraft Operation.In the event the aircraft is rendered unserviceable or unable to operate for any reason before the tour, Pacific Trailways will make every effort to use suitable alternative chartered aircraft and/or air services. If suitable chartered and/or air services are not available, Pacific Trailways reserves the right to substitute ground transport to complete the affected sectors. If ground transport is substituted for chartered flights for any reason above, a proportionate refund applies and the ground transport substitution is the full extent of our responsibility to you.
11. Day luggage – limit per passenger.
One small soft-sided cabin/day bag able to be stowed under a seat to meet NZCAA safety regulations.
12. Personal expenses. Items and/or services not specified as included under ‘Inclusions’ are deemed to be personal expenses and are not included in your tour price.
13. Personal belongings and lost items. Valuables should be kept to a minimum and packed in your hand luggage along with personal items such as a camera, phone, essential changes of clothing and other personal items. You are responsible for your personal items and valuables at all times. Pacific Trailways, the DC-3 operator and ground transport operator cannot accept responsibility in the event of any loss.
14. Health requirements.Payment of the deposit is a warranty by you that you or any persons covered by your booking are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake these travel arrangements. Pacific Trailways reserves the right, at its discretion, to remove tour participants who prove unable to meet these health requirements or who prove to be incapable of caring for themselves, become inebriated or who become a hazard to themselves or other tour members for any reason. No refund applies in such circumstances, and Pacific Trailways is not responsible for any associated travel arrangements or repatriation costs.
15. Pre and post tour connecting transfers, transport and air travel.Transport and travel before and after your tour are not included in your tour arrangements and these are your responsibility. Pacific Trailways will make every effort to keep your tour to the stated itinerary schedule but is not responsible for any missed connections before or after your tour.
16. Force Majeure.Force Majeure means an event or circumstance that is beyond the reasonable control of Pacific Trailways Ltd and that could not have been reasonably prevented by Pacific Trailways Ltd. It may include, but is not limited to, pandemic, war, armed conflict, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity or the possibility or threat of any such activity, natural disaster including but not limited to earthquake, volcanic eruption, cyclone, hurricane, tornado, tsunami, flooding, high or low water levels, fire, landslide, adverse weather conditions, nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental contamination, or any change of law. In the event that Pacific Trailways Ltd cancels or changes your tour arrangements in any way due to a Force Majeure event, Pacific Trailways Ltd will not be liable to refund any part of your tour deposit or tour purchase price paid by you if Pacific Trailways Ltd subsequently changes or cancels your tour arrangements in connection with a Force Majeure event. As such Force Majeure events cannot be predicted and are beyond the control of Pacific Trailways Ltd it is your responsibility to cover yourself against these risks.
17. Additional costs. Pacific Trailways is not responsible for any additional costs which may be incurred by tour participants as a result of events beyond the company’s control. Examples may include (but are not limited to) pandemic, strikes, industrial action, weather or any other man-made or natural occurrence.
18. Passport & Visa Requirements (as applicable, if or when New Zealand’s borders re-open). It is the client/s total responsibility to meet passport and/or visa requirements for travel to and from New Zealand. Pacific Trailways is not responsible for, nor liable for, any loss or damage suffered by the client (or any person covered in the booking) resulting from client/s failure to meet required passport and visa conditions.
19. New Zealand law applies.All Pacific Trailways Booking Terms and Conditions and operations are governed by the laws of New Zealand and all parties submit to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
EVENT CANCELLED. DC-3 Whitianga Oceans Festival Day Trip (SOLD OUT)