• Three nights at Distinction Hotel, Dunedin
• Larnach Castle Winter Ball ticket ($140 value)
• Winter Ball transport, welcome drink, supper & entertainment
• Quality period costume hire for the ball (Clevedon Costumes & Vintage Apparel)
• Welcome dinner (Thu) then full breakfast Fri, Sat & Sun
• Olveston House visit & guided tour
• Dunedin Host/Coordinator and airport transfers
• Complementary Dunedin Airport transfers
Please note: Airfares to and from Dunedin have not been included in this deal. However we (or your travel agent) will be happy to assist with airline bookings if you wish (additional cost).
Welcome Dinner (Thu)
Full breakfast Fri, Sat & Sun
Larnach Castle Winter Ball ticket ($140 value)
Winter Ball transport, welcome drink, supper & entertainment
Quality period costume hire for the ball (Clevedon Costumes & Vintage Apparel)
Olveston House visit & guided tour
Click on a day to expand
Thu 4th July. To Dunedin; Welcome Dinner
Travel to Dunedin today. A local host will meet you on arrival for the complementary transfer to your superior Dunedin CBD hotel (3-night stay). Enjoy a special ‘welcome’ dinner this evening.
Visit historic, lavishly furnished Olveston House this morning for a guided tour. The substantial house reflects the life, wealth and interests of the Theomin family – early 20th century philanthropists and merchants. Your afternoon is free for shopping, leisure or perhaps a walk to the Octagon.
Enjoy dressing up later for the big, highlight event of Dunedin’s social calendar. Tonight will be fun! A coach will take you to the stately castle this evening where you can expect to be welcomed in yesteryear style. Soak up the atmosphere, delight in the exquisite ballroom and dance the night away with everyone dressed elegantly in Victorian period attire! A sumptuous supper will be served later and you’ll see the address of the Haggis too. Return to your hotel around midnight after a truly enchanting evening.
Sat 6th July. Dunedin – leisure and optional activities
Enjoy a well-earned lie in followed by a relaxed breakfast, then spend the rest of the day as you wish. Award-winning Toitu Otago Settlers Museum and the excellent Chinese Gardens are close by or you may wish to venture further afield with a visit to the Royal Albatross Colony at Taiaroa Head. The day is yours!
Enjoy breakfast this morning then depart from your hotel by 10.00 am. A complementary transfer to Dunedin Airport is included today so you may travel home at your leisure, concluding your Dunedin long weekend escape. Thanks so much for joining us – we wish you well and hope to see you again before too long!
Terms and Conditions
1. Tour hotel selection: Pacific Trailways selects quality 4-star (or 4-star plus) tour hotels for tours, wherever possible.
2. Tour prices: Tour prices are in New Zealand dollars and include GST. Prices are per person, twin share basis. An additional price applies for guaranteed single person room occupancy.
3. Deposit, Payment and Acceptance of Terms: A deposit of NZD$300 per person is required to confirm the booking. Payment of the deposit confirms the tour client has read and accepted the Tour Booking Terms & Conditions. Full payment can be made at any time but is required no later than 30 days prior to departure (full payment is required for bookings made less than 30 days from tour departure).
4. Deposit and Full Payment Options:
INTERNET BANKING – Pacific Trailways Ltd. BNZ Account number 02-0400-0116109-001.
CREDIT CARD – Visa and Mastercard only.
5. Client Cancellations: All cancellation charges apply ‘per person’.
For cancellation 30 days or more prior to tour start date a full refund applies, less $50 administration fee. For cancellation: 29 – 21 days prior to tour start date: cancellation fee is 50% of the tour price.
For cancellation: 20 – 00 days prior to tour start date: cancellation fee is 100% of the tour price.
No refund can be made once the tour is underway and there are no refunds for unused tour components.
6. Cancellation by Pacific Trailways. This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to operate. In the unlikely event that minimum booking numbers fall short, we will fully refund all tour payments, this being the full extent of our responsibility. Any additional costs you may incur as a result of cancellation by Pacific Trailways will be your responsibility and we expect you to seek remedy via travel insurance cover.
7. Travel Insurance. Pacific Trailways strongly recommends that ‘loss of deposit’ travel insurance is purchased at the time of booking. Cancellation fees will not be waived where travel insurance could have provided cover.
8. Hotels. Tour accommodation is on the basis of standard ‘twin or double’ rooms that may not include scenic, city or sea views.
9. Solo tour members – guaranteed single room preference. Single occupancy rooms may be available at the time of booking. To secure a guaranteed single occupancy room, the Guaranteed Single Room option must be purchased.
10. Solo tour members – twin share room preference. Solo travellers may book ‘twin share’ basis and Pacific Trailways will make every effort to select appropriate same gender roommate pairings. Solo travellers booking on this basis must accept that there is no guarantee of compatibility with your selected roommate and that smoking is not permitted in rooms at any time.
11. Airfares and flights. Flights or ground transport to and from Dunedin have not been included in these tour arrangements. However Pacific Trailways or your travel agent will be happy to assist with airline and/or transport bookings if you wish, at an additional cost.
12. Pre and post tour connecting transfers, transport and air travel. Transport and travel before and after the tour are the client’s responsibility.
13. Luggage on tour – limits per passenger. One piece of luggage weighing no more than 23 kg. One cabin style bag weighing no more than 7 kg.
14. Itinerary amendments. Pacific Trailways reserves the right to amend the itinerary if or as necessary due to weather and other operational requirements.
15. Smoking. New Zealand Government laws forbid smoking in public transport, tour coaches, aircraft, airport terminals, accommodation, restaurants, bars, cafes and other recognised public places. Opportunities to smoke will be made available as possible within these boundaries and in circumstances that do not cause discomfort to non-smoking tour members.
16. Personal expenses. Items and/or services not specified as included under ‘Highlights and Inclusions’ are deemed to be personal expenses and are not included in your tour price. Items considered to be personal expenses may include but are not limited to scheduled airfares and taxes, accommodation and meals and transport not included under ‘Highlights and Inclusions’, food not included on the regular tour menu, drinks, personal items, laundry, passport and visa fees, excess baggage, fuel surcharges, optional excursions and gratuities.
17. Personal belongings and lost items. Valuables on tour should be kept to a minimum and packed in your hand luggage along with personal items such as a camera, phone, small personal appliances, essential changes of clothing, toiletries and other personal items. You are responsible for your personal items at all times and must ensure you have adequate travel insurance cover in the event of any loss.
18. Health requirements. Payment of the deposit is a warranty by you that you or any persons covered by your booking are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake this tour and associated travel arrangements. Pacific Trailways reserves the right, at its discretion, to remove tour participants who prove unable to meet these health requirements or who prove to be incapable of caring for themselves or who become a hazard to themselves or other tour members. No refund applies in such circumstances if the tour has commenced, and Pacific Trailways is not responsible for any associated travel arrangements or repatriation costs.
19. Illustrations. All photographs featured in the Pacific Trailways brochure, Facebook site and website illustrate and depict genuine events, places, occurrences and experiences. The use of these illustrations and images does not guarantee that such events, places, occurrences and experiences will necessarily be experienced or seen as depicted in the photograph or illustration.
20. Force Majeure. Force Majeure means an event or circumstance that is beyond the reasonable control of Pacific Trailways Ltd and that could not have been reasonably prevented by Pacific Trailways Ltd. It may include, but is not limited to, war, armed conflict, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity or the possibility or threat of any such activity, natural disaster including but not limited to earthquake, volcanic eruption, cyclone, hurricane, tornado, tsunami, flooding, high or low water levels, fire, landslide, adverse weather conditions, nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental contamination, or any change of law. In the event that Pacific Trailways Ltd cancels or changes your tour arrangements in any way due to a Force Majeure event, Pacific Trailways Ltd will not be liable to refund any part of your tour deposit or tour purchase price paid by you if Pacific Trailways Ltd subsequently changes or cancels your tour arrangements in connection with a Force Majeure event. As such Force Majeure events cannot be predicted and are beyond the control of Pacific Trailways Ltd it is your responsibility to purchase travel insurance that will adequately cover you against these risks.
21. Additional costs. Pacific Trailways is not responsible for any additional costs which may be incurred by tour participants as a result of events beyond the company’s control. Examples may include (but are not limited to) pandemic, strikes, industrial action, weather or any other man-made or natural occurrence.
22. Passport & Visa Requirements. It is the client/s total responsibility to meet passport and/or visa requirements for travel to and from New Zealand. Pacific Trailways is not responsible for, nor liable for, any loss or damage suffered by the client (or any person covered in the booking) resulting from client/s failure to meet required passport and visa conditions.
23. New Zealand law applies. All Pacific Trailways Booking Terms and Conditions and operations are governed by the laws of New Zealand and all parties submit to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.