Pacific Trailways Limited and its related companies are subject to The Privacy Act 1993 and its subsequent amendments.
The types of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and or services you request from us. However, it may include (amongst other things):
• Personal information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include your intended travel dates, place of departure, intended destination and whether you are an adult or child.
• Personal information you give us when you make a booking or when checking in for a service or tour. This information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, credit/debit card details and passport details.
• Transactional information about your use of our products and services (for example, your feedback on how you enjoyed your trip or tour with us).
This Privacy Statement will also apply to any information about you that is supplied to us by someone else, such as a travel agent.
The information we collect
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us. For example, when you request us to make your travel arrangements, we may collect details such as your name, address, trip and other travel details, credit/debit card number and expiry date, billing address, telephone numbers and health issues or special needs relevant to your travel arrangements.
How we collect this information
We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, email, text or other electronic means), visit our website or when you have contact with us in person.
As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party, for example:
• From people making travel arrangements on your behalf.
• From third party telesales companies that collect your personal details and disclose it to us so that we may plan and fulfil your travel arrangements and issue you with your documentation or market our products and services to you.
How we use this Personal information
We generally collect your personal information for the following purposes:
• Processing your booking.
• Being aware of any special travel requirements (health or otherwise) you may have.
• Providing you with confirmation of your booking and advising you of any changes to your itinerary.
• Confirming your identity when you check in, join a tour or attend a function.
• For any marketing, promotions, publicity, direct marketing or market research we may undertake.
• Addressing any feedback or complaints you may have.
• Answering any queries you may have.
Disclosure of any personal information to a third party
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services for travel, tour operations and functions. We may engage third party contractors to provide services for us which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we currently engage third party contractors to:
• Provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services.
• Provide ground handling, meet and greet, special needs assistance and other tour and function activities.
In these situations we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary for either preventing a threat to life or health, authorized or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Access to and correction of your personal information
On request we can provide you with access to the information that we hold about you, unless there is a legal exception which applies that would prohibit or justify non-disclosure; such access being for the purpose of correcting or updating that information.
If failure or refusal to provide you with access to the information occurs, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the appropriate legislation.
Commitment to keeping your personal information up to date
We endeavour to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date whenever we collect or use it. For any inaccurate, incomplete or out of date information we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
Resolving your concerns
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach of your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please forward your request, complaint or query to the address below. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible.
The Privacy Officer
Pacific Trailways Limited
PO Box 72-992